So, we decided on an apartment in New York today. It seems pretty nice, and they give us a good deal since we're working with KAPL. That seems to make it a little more official in my mind now, since I am envisioning living in a new place that I can see pictures of. Pretty crazy. Rich is keeping busy doing his internship this summer, and I am keeping busy with the legwork of the move--packing, looking for housing, organizing movers and temporary housing and our trip across the country, etc..... It's pretty intimidating. I try not to think about it too much, because I start getting scared. Less than two months now!
However, Alexis did help us choose some great new couches and tables that I will be excited to use when we get to New York. It's all going to be so weird. Good news, though--I talked to my first New Yorkians today on the phone, and I didn't have a hard time understanding them. :-) In fact, I couldn't even really detect an accent.
On an aside, I don't know how people live without the gospel. It is such a source of peace when really life is kind of turmoilish. God is good.
Karen! HI! I didn't even know you had a blog! I am so happy to have found it. And I have to ask-- are you talking KAPL in Niskayuna?! My Dad works at GE which is like 2 minutes down the road. That is where I grew up! You guys could be in my home ward!! If that's the case, then boy do I have all the hookups for you : )
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are doing well, and I hope you are moving to my home town! It's the greatest!
That's fantastic! We are not in the Saratoga ward actually. It's like 30 minutes from my house (but we did go there for several years while I was still in Primary when someone burnt our Meetinghouse down...). My family is in the Glenville Ward, and my Grandma, an Aunt and an Uncle and their kids live in the Schenectady Ward. You'll be in their stake, though, so if you ever bump into any Brooksbys at Stake events, they are my family! Have fun out there- I am jealous you get to live in New York! Saratoga is beautiful; you will really like it there.
ReplyDeleteMoving away IS a big deal and a lot of work! Hang in there, Karen. We're excited to see you soon in Denver as you make your way east!
ReplyDelete