Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More pics...

Well, the apartment is starting to look like an apartment (yeah! we got internet!), but not clean enough to take pictures and post them yet, but I'll get there. The front room is pretty much finished and we're pretty happy with it, which is good because we're having the elders over for dinner tonight (they live in our same apartment complex!).

Saratoga Springs has very tight roads and is pretty compact--you can drive anywhere in town in about 5 minutes. We went to the city park a couple of days ago, and it was really big and nice. They have all these natural springs all over town that you can just drink from, and it's supposed to be really healthy or whatever. In actuality, they taste like sulfur and iron and they're gross (Richard may not agree with me on that one).

Also everywhere in town are metal horses that businesses have painted up to promote their particular shop. So we've seen horses with ballet dancers, sequined horses, horses with ice cream cones, and tons of other random ones.

The trees haven't really started changing colors yet, but when they do we'll be sure to post pictures. Enjoy these pictures of Niagara Falls--I took them both myself. :-) Later!

5 comments:

  1. I only saw Niagara Falls at night and these pictures help me to remember just how beautiful it really was. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kook! That town sounds perfect to live in. We went to Colorado Springs last year and they had like 11 different springs you could drink out of, but they didn't taste too bad. Carbonated, which was weird because it came right out of the ground. That's great you're in the same apartment complex as the elders. IT probably feels very spiritual. Good luck with the rest of the unpacking. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Niagara Falls pics. Jeff and I were there two winters ago, and everything was frozen. It was about 20 below when we visited. The good news is that we didn't have to battle a lot of crowds. The bad news is that it took us two days to thaw out!

    Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted you to know that I love your blog. Super uber cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! those springs are DISGUSTING! I had almost forgotten about them!

    ReplyDelete