Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our cute little smiley boy!

Samuel is so cute! He's so smiley these days. The pictures, of course, do not do it justice. We had a great visit from Grandma and Grandpa Reece and Aunt Brittany and had so much fun! We were able to visit the Saratoga battlefield and go to town and a park (unfortunately, the carousel wasn't running--Brittany was so disappointed). We also took a day and went to Palmyra, visiting the Smith homes, Hill Cumorah, and the Sacred Grove. We were so glad that they could come and that they could meet Samuel! I was especially glad because I have been having some pain in my back/arm (we think maybe it's a pinched nerve) and they were all a great help. Brittany even did our dishes for us using our spiffy dish wand!


Funny stories: Samuel likes to lean to one side or the other when he's being burped, and often that puts him out of the range of the burp cloth. The other day I was burping him, and he leaned over towards the middle and spit up--right down my shirt! :-)


We've also been learning that it's true that little boys like to go when their diapers are being changed. Daddy's had a couple too-close-and-personal experiences with that, though Mommy's avoided getting hit so far. The very first time it happened, Mommy was changing his diaper, and she was reaching to get a clean one. When she turned around, there was a perfect little arc reaching from the bottom of little Samuel right to his own head! (Fortunately, his head was turned and it only hit the side of his head). Mom had a good laugh while she cleaned him up.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he's so cute! I'm glad Mom & Dad could visit and help and I hope your pinched nerve feels better (those are no fun). Love you, Kook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I tried to respond to your comment a long time ago, but I couldn't post on your blog. A China blocked internet thing, but we just got back to the US. So anyway, congrats! Your little guy is adorable. Love his little smile. That's so funny that you ran into Reuben. He's long gone from your city now but thanks for thinking about him! Now he's in a little rural place, can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete