Saturday, August 28, 2010

I see trees of green...

Is there anything more heartwarming than watching your husband hold your little son while he plays the piano, and they're both singing along? :-)




So, life is good. We got our car back on Thursday (though it broke down this morning and we fixed a couple things with the battery--hopefully it will be good to go for 5 years now)! Yeah!





Gosh, there's so much to report. We had a nice trip down from New York, and we stopped a day in DC, which was neat (and hot). We got to see all of the National Mall, though of course did not get to go inside all of the Smithsonian Museums. Those buildings are so huge!! We got to see the Washington and Lincoln Memorials, as well as the new World War II Memorial. We met up with a friend Melanie who showed us around. It was very historical-feeling. It made me want to go watch National Treasure again.













Samuel and I made it back to Utah for a family reunion which was a lot of fun (thanks Alexis and Jeremy!). We went to Lagoon, and had a great talent show (that's my sister and I doing an upside down lip sync to They Might Be Giants), and had some great discussions about family history. We also enjoyed going to visit the Reid family and letting everyone ogle over Samuel.








Then we had a visit from Lenora, and we got to see tons of cool Charleston and historical stuff. There are absolutely beautiful gardens and houses and plantations, in addition to Fort Sumter and lots of other Civil War and Revolutionary War relics. This tree is just one of many huge oak trees that are out here, most of them hung with this Spanish Moss, which makes it look really cool. It's amazing to think how much more history there is on this side of the United States! Did you know that Fort Sumter is on an island all on its own out in the harbor, and since all the posh people owned oceanside view homes, they all got on top of their roofs and watched when battles were being fought in the harbor? Pretty interesting.












I got in a crafty mood one day and made this banner for my kitchen--I think it really needed some color. It took me way longer than I had anticipated, but I like the way it turned out. It makes me happy.












And, Samuel is fat and happy and wonderful! We are a happy family!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute family! And no, I can't think of anything more heartwarming than your son and husband singing together. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love to hear about adventures from other parts of the country!

    ReplyDelete