So, we are back in New York for some indefinite period of time. It's nice to be able to settle in long term, but it's a little weird not knowing what the next step is. We're definitely still in the moving-in phase (what a pile of boxes!), but it's slowly becoming a home. We're going to have curtains, which will be fun--we've never had those before.
This is what our new apartment looks like (taken from our actual apartment, but as you can see, all the buildings look the same. We have a garage and a washer/dryer!! Yeah!! Remember this tree--this is after our first snowstorm that happened while we were moving in. See that pile of snow around the tree? Apparently, this is right where they pile a lot of the snow when they plow.
Speaking of plows, here they are! I was so surprised the morning of this storm to see these great big bulldozers coming in to get the snow out for us. Wow, they know how to get rid of snow in New York. (The rest of the day had normal plows on trucks).
Remember that tree? Here it is after storm #2!
And here's Samuel trying to learn to have fun in his playpen. I don't know why his teeth look extra long.
We love being back in our ward; we both spoke in Sacrament Meeting today, and Richard has already been called as the Sunday School President. We've been to the dentist (only one cavity for me!--at least, only one that they're going to fix :-). We're figuring our way around town (and when I say town, I really mean other towns--we're kind of on the outskirts of a town that doesn't even have a grocery store). Samuel is slowly getting back to his old sleeping patterns, though he's recently been refusing solid foods unless he can use his own hands to eat, which limits his diet to bananas and those puff crackers. Anyone else had that experience? But anyway, life is good.
Hurray for being almost settled in your new place! I'm glad that you guys are home. It was so fun to have you here. I hope we see you again soon. You are all so cute!
ReplyDeleteI too have learned that curtains make ALL the difference in making your apartment feel like your home. That, and painting an accent wall or two, if you're allowed. Best $30 you'll ever spend!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I never thanked you for your sweet email months ago. It meant the world to me. I've now misplaced your number AND email address (how's that for airheaded?)! If you're still up to it, I'd love to chat and catch up with you when you're settled. :)
oh, that is wonderful! Samuel is so cute and so big! Wow, times flies, eh? We're still at Wymount. :)
ReplyDelete