Monday, February 9, 2009
Sugar Strike!!
So, my husband and I are on a sugar strike. We started soon after New Year's, and plan on going until April 30th (Rich's birthday; approximately 4 months). I confess, sometimes it's hard to pass up the sugar, but I have really noticed an increase in my ability to taste natural sugars: onions, peppers, and fruits for sure. In fact, some fruits are altogether too sweet. There is a personal trainer in our ward that Richard went to talk to about our sugar strike when we first started, and bless his soul he told Rich that you should splurge once a week or two just to let your body know you appreciate its tolerating what you're doing to it. So I enjoy our Sunday splurges, especially when it involves chocolate. If there's anything I've learned from this experience so far, it's that I crave chocolate above all other sugars. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Karen,
ReplyDeleteWow! Way to go. I have done the no sugar thing and it can be tough but I definitely felt the physical difference. How fun to do it together.
-Brittany Roscheck