YEAH!! We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday, and it was wonderful. I had school off because we had parent teacher conferences this week, so I had all day free.
We started off by going to the temple and doing a session, which was really good for the both of us, I think. We had lunch together, and later in the afternoon when Rich was done doing some homework, we went shopping together (Rich hadn't had the opportunity to buy me anything because I always have the car every day). That was great--he got me some Chinese baozi (meat and veggie filled bread things--yum!), some trouser socks that I have been in desperate need of (I wear hose once and they're dead), a beautiful pink rose in a new vase (woohoo! I have two now!), and a wonderful meal from Macaroni Grill with CHOCOLATE for dessert--this was my one free day between Jan. 4 and Apr. 30 to eat as much chocolate/sugar as I wanted. :-) I indulged. The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory chocolate is good (if overpriced).
We came home and watched a Chinese video called "The Road Home", which is a very slow moving but very endearing love story. I'd seen it before but Rich hadn't, and he was perfect--just how you want someone to be when you show someone something hoping they'll like it. He thought it was timeless.
Anyway, it was great and wonderful. I have the best husband ever. We are so blessed.
Karen- So happy you guys had a wonderful day together. Isn't it crazy that we all have the most amazing husbands. Really being married rocks. p.s. I'm glad it's you up there leading the music-- sorry! You do a wonderful job though.
ReplyDelete