So, I was really nervous about what my students might do for April Fools' Day. I have been anticipating this for a long time, and I even tried to think of what jokes I might play, but fortunately nothing really came up. I did walk into the restroom and had to remove some really sloppily laid saran wrap from off the toilet (I suppose there's a reason why it's supposed to be dark--getting up at midnight to use the restroom when they are fooled by that prank). Oh, and one of my students put some staples in the next Kleenex in the box, but I was sitting there watching him do it, and after he left I just pulled it out. :-) Anyway, I was quite relieved.
It's weird how close we're getting! Spring Break is next week, and then there's only a month to finish covering everything until the end of year tests, and then three weeks after that, and then we're done!! Weird.
My April Fools was relativity uneventful as well. Mike is not one for playing tricks. In elementary school for April Fools one year I got a bunch of girls to hide in the bathroom with me for like an hour. It didn't turn out to be so funny as we got in big trouble. How stupid was I?
ReplyDeleteHey, Kook! Long time no talk. How are you? Glad your April Fools was tame. Scott got me pretty good. He came home from a church meeting last night and asked how long it had been since I looked at the church website. He said to look at it. He told me what page to go to and everything. He said there was a news story that they were sending two apostles to Jerusalem. I believed it for about 30 seconds.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like the name we picked out. Still sorry we ruined tradition. Are you guys getting excited for NY? I am for you. Anyway, take care. See you in a couple months!