Friday, October 23, 2009

Leaf Peeping!






So, leaf peeping season is here! It took long enough, but it's worth it! The leaves are beautiful, and I love walking outside in the crisp air. The trees are cool because they will have two or three different colors on them at once. It's also neat to sit in the living room and watch out our big window as the leaves come flying down when the wind blows. We also took some pictures of a couple of the horses around town (if someone could get Brittany to see...).

Unfortunately, with autumn come some not as nice things. Impending winter is often on the brain, but there is something more immediate. Somehow bugs keep getting into our house through our big living room windows, and while most of them don't bother me (box-elder bugs), there have been one or two that are quite big and scary looking (and I don't know what they are, which frightens me!). I'm trying to find how they're getting in, but really there is no hole anywhere!

Still, it's a nice season, and there are even times when I feel at home.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love autumn too. I've been going on lots of walks lately and my gosh, it is so beautiful sometimes it takes my breathe away. I love you pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! that is one beautiful horse. post more picters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eastern fall is something i miss sooooo much! Enjoy it!! Also, I'm not sure how bugs get in, especially the box elder bugs, but somehow they always do -- I remember growing up and they would somehow ALWAYS be inside, back then before I took entomology I was scared of them haha, but now they're not too frightening :) They're sneaky bugs!

    ReplyDelete