Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy International Women's Day!

So, March 8th is International Women's Day. I know, I wouldn't know about it either unless I had married someone who went to Russia where apparently it's a pretty big thing. Anyway, he got me these lovely flowers and some Reese's ice cream (yum!) to celebrate. Isn't it great to be a woman?

"I wonder if you sisters fully understand the greatness of your gifts and talents and how all of you can achieve the “highest place of honor” in the Church and in the world. One of your unique, precious, and sublime gifts is your femininity, with its natural grace, goodness, and divinity. Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in your qualities of your capacity to love, your spirituality, delicacy, radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness, dignity, and quiet strength. It is manifest differently in each girl or woman, but each of you possesses it. Femininity is part of your inner beauty.

One of your particular gifts is your feminine intuition. Do not limit yourselves. As you seek to know the will of our Heavenly Father in your life and become more spiritual, you will be far more attractive, even irresistible. You can use your smiling loveliness to bless those you love and all you meet, and spread great joy. Femininity is part of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance it. Use it to serve others."

~ President James E. Faust



Also, here's my baby bump. The doctor says I may be a bit on the small side for 33 weeks, but everything seems to be normal and healthy. I'm experiencing heartburn and backaches and things, but most of the time I feel pretty good and energetic. I also made it to the dentist this week, and it wasn't the nightmare it usually is! Someone in the ward recommended him, and I didn't walk away feeling like my teeth were a totally failure (which really they are).

Richard is going to Utah this weekend to be at his Grandpa Reid's funeral, Marcus' homecoming, and the celebration of his Dad's birthday. It's great that his whole family will be there this weekend, though I anticipate much boredom here at home. I'm glad that he is able to go, that we can afford it, and that he'll get to honor his Grandpa's memory.

5 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful Karen! It's good to hear how your family is doing and I hope your pregnancy is going well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that an apostle said women are irresistible. It was good to talk to you the other day. Thanks for calling. You look adorable. I love you!I love that music (from Alyssa).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so dang cute. I was small too, but everything was fine. I remember the heart burn and can't say I miss that one bit! Thank heavens it's over. It's so much better when they actually get here. I am so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, you ARE small for 33 weeks! Before I read your commentary, I thought to myself: "she's probably 5 months along in that photo?" You lucky skunk! I think I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute hubby you have! Yay for flowers for almost no reason. You look great in that dress! You are just a cute mommy.

    ReplyDelete