Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Miscellaneous...


Ha, ha, so this is my very belated Halloween post. But first, my lovely scarf (crochet project #2) turned out pretty well, I think. It's warm!

Second, I had a couple of ladies in the ward over to do some cake decorating, and these cupcakes are the crowning touch to the lesson. We learned a lot in two hours!

Third, our ward trunk-or-treat was pretty fun. There was also a chili cook-off which we entered, but even we didn't really like our chili; it was a new recipe, so we didn't expect to win, and we didn't. We weren't sure how to decorate our trunk, so I was trying to think of costumes that might be able to be tied in to our trunk decorations, and we came up with Oscar the grouch from Sesame Street, and our trunk was his trash can (I was his little worm pet, Slimy, but I didn't look much like it--it's hard to do worm impressions!). It was fun because we ate some of the candy beforehand and put the wrappers in the "can" with the real candy, and the kids had to try and find the packages that had candy in them. :-) Rich was a great Oscar (that's the trash can lid on his head--it was being blown back by the wind), although he was reprimanded by one of the Primary kids in the ward for not being grouchy enough. I'm glad he's not. We were pretty proud of our cat-in-front-of-the-moon jack-o-lantern. It's the most complex jack-o-lantern either of us has ever done! (And only one of the cat's whiskers got broken. :~) )


1 comment:

  1. I love the Oscar idea! And I think I agree that Rich is not groucy enough to be Oscar, but I think that's a good thing. Your scarf looks downright impressive to me! I love it. I wish I new how to crotchet.

    ReplyDelete